Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Distressed Denim Skirt




Skirt: ASOS (sold out, similar here)

In case you may be thinking "Really? That's so 1990!"... let's discuss the versatility of the distressed denim pencil skirt:

Work: I don't know about you, but business casual bores me to tears.  I have countless black skirts and trousers that look EXACTLY the same!  Enter the distressed denim skirt.  You could throw it on with a classic white shirt to add a little edge to your outfit and still handle yo' business.  

Weekend: I'll admit it, there have been weekends when all I wore were my Lululemons (wearing them right now).  My justification was that I wanted to be comfy without looking like I just rolled out of bed.  That, and they have magical bootie lifting properties.  Now if I had a distressed denim skirt, I could pair it with an oversized hoodie or denim shirt (a la RiRi) and go casual chic.

So distressed denim skirt: yay or nay?

xoxo, Linda

No comments: