Sunday, November 10, 2013

Shop Your Closet



Jacket: DVF (old)Top: Alice & Olivia (old). Bottom: American Apparel. Shoes: Givenchy (similar here and here). Bag: J.Crew. Photography by Amy Chen.

I recently rediscovered a beloved sequin jacket that I'd stored in a garment bag and completely forgotten about until I was "shopping" my closet to save money.  Don't you love when that happens!?!

This was a runway look from Diane von Furstenberg S/S 2009 aka the "Rock Goddess" collection.  The jacket was completely sold out in stores, but being the style stalker that I am, I was able to track it down a few months later on eBay for a mere $400 (originally $1000).

It's actually thigh-length, but for daytime, I decided to pin it up to my hips and paired it with high-waisted shorts to give it a more casual feel.  Next time, I think I'll wear it with some relaxed boyfriend jeans.  My credit card is already thanking me!

xoxo, Linda

No comments: